Thursday, September 3, 2015

Travel. Eat. Repeat. (Weekend in Chattanooga or Savannah)

Hey my friends!
I was having a discussion with a friend recently about the different reasons why people love to see new places. She and her husband love to travel for the scenery. Sweeping landscapes, gorgeous beaches, classic architecture.

While we definitely love those things about travel, my husband and I love to eat. We love to try new and exotic foods. We love to try the favorite local places and the best local dish.
Over the past few years, we've established a few nearby cities as our homes away from home (Chattanooga and Savannah) and they both have excellent food choices. I thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite places to eat when we visit.

Chattanooga
This city has so many cute restaurants popping up all over the downtown area. Thankfully we have some wonderful friends who have promised to take us to the best ones whenever we're in town. Here are some of our favorites so far:

1. Beast and Barrel (featured in this post):
Yum! I would have to describe their food as "southern food with a mustache". Very hipster.

2. TacoNooga (featured in this post): The most authentic papusas I've had outside of El Salvador. Their cheese dip is excellent too!

3. Rembrandt's Coffee House: The coffee is so delicious that the hubs and I will sometimes go out of our way to grab a bag before we go home. Great desserts and sandwiches as well.

4. Terminal Brewhouse: Great place to go for tasty local beer and pub grub.


Savannah
I don't think we've ever had a bad meal in this town. Narrowing it down to just four of our favorite places is super hard so I'll just feature the places we went to on our most recent trip last month.

1. Elizabeth on 37th: We went here for our anniversary dinner and loved it. The food was incredible and the location is so charming. Be prepared to drop a good amount of money but the food is so worth it!

2. Zunzi's: The most delicious chicken sandwich ever with the best sauce ever.

3. Leopold's Ice Cream (featured in this post):  As I told a friend recently, "Passing through Savannah without stopping here is a sin. Don't do it." The frequent line out the door should be an indication of how good their ice cream is.

4. Savannah Slow Ride: So technically this is not a restaurant. It's a really fun way to see Savannah and meet new people. Their pub crawl option is also a great way to try 4 or 5 pubs/bars in one day. (Not for the faint of heart or light of weight). Their drivers are super friendly and knowledgeable about the city and always have great suggestions for places to eat.

I hope this has been helpful! Let me know if you try any of these places or if you have suggestions of your own! Happy Travels! Happy Eating!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this!! I am really hoping to make it to Chattanooga this Fall (probably just for the day.) It's such a cool place and I know it will be GORG this time of year, but I'm still figuring out the cool places to eat :) thanks for sharing!

    Also, Savannah looks totally dreamy. I would love to visit there soon!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...