Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

Hey my friends!
I feel like it's been awhile. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend with your mothers or those most like mothers in your life!

Not only did I spend the weekend with my awesome mother and mother in law; I also went to a crawfish boil and binged on Netflix spent some quality time with the hubs. Here are some pics from the rather rainy, cloudy weekend:

Me and my mum. You can tell exactly where I get my smile from!


I wore the Merona cardigan I got from Goodwill last weekend and paired it with my cobalt shoes (Old Navy) and peacock earrings (gifted). I'm really loving this look!

But can I tell y'all about this crawfish boil?? I've eaten crawfish before and recently had a restaurant style crawfish boil experience (The Crab Shack outside of Savannah, Ga. Try it out if you're ever nearby!). But I have never been to a true, Louisiana boil. My friend's parents brought everything up from their home in South Louisiana and showed us how it's done. The boil included onions, garlic, corn, potatoes, celery, sausage, mushrooms, spices (like spicy spices), and of course crawfish. When they were done cooking, we tossed everything out on two tables and stuffed our faces. My life will never be the same. Everything was amazing! If you don't have friends from Louisiana that you can ask to do this, make some. Trust me.


Finally, I have to show you what happened to my hair that day (the last of the twist out). It was incredibly humid out so... fluffy city!! I got several compliments on it so I'm cool with it.


That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...