Thursday, July 24, 2014

Stripes and Amber







Hey my friends!
I'm feeling inspired and French today. French because of the stripes I'm rocking (ooo la la). I love this shirt. It's comfortable (of course) and so versatile. It's airy enough for spring and cool summer days but thick enough to wear through fall and winter. Another fabulous Marshalls find! I love pairing it with skinny jeans and leggings but this is the first time I wore it with shorts. I think I like it this way. It was a great look for lunch with a girlfriend this afternoon. 
I've also been feeling somewhat inspired lately after listening to some encouraging speeches. The most recent one I listened to was by the most wonderful JK Rowling at Harvard. If you don't know who that is, we can't be friends. She is one of the reasons I decided to start my blog, honestly. She is an amazing writer who didn't see success right away but kept going until she achieved her goal. Blew her goals out of the water. In her speech, she touts that failure is necessary in life. I don't know about you, but failure scares me. I've found myself avoiding things because I'm afraid I won't be good at it. But can you really live life like that? I want to look back at my life and know that I was the person I wanted to be instead of wasting time wishing I was that person. Does that make sense? Is this getting to philosophical? Long story short (too late) I know I won't be the best writer or put together the best outfits but I still do these things because I love doing them and I shouldn't be afraid to fail. Ok that's enough for know. I appreciate you lovely people sharing this journey with me!

Top: Marshalls
Shorts; Clothing Swap
Necklace: Forever 21

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...