Monday, January 19, 2015

Winter Maxi




Hey my friends!
What better way to start the week off than with some bright colors in the midst of the drab that is the winter? I used to shy away from bright colors since I thought mixing them was too tricky. And then I started to watch The Mindy Project. Oh, I have found my new style icon! I love the way Mindy mixes colors, patterns, and shapes so uniquely. So I decided to experiment for myself. I love the way this color combination looks! Although, now that I think about it, you can't really go wrong when mixing primary colors. They teach that in preschool..

I want to point out that I love maxis and I'm so proud of myself for creating a winter look with one. Most short girls shy away from maxi skirts, but I honestly couldn't care if it makes me look shorter or not. Who says you have to make yourself look taller to be pretty? Maxi length makes me feel like a princess and every girl deserves to feel like a princess.

Top: Marshalls
Skirt/Earrings: Burlington Coat Factory
Scarf: Walmart ?!?!?

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Hey there Ave! So good to see you back around!! I hope you are having a great start to the New Year.

    You're right, I pretty much stay away from maxi's because they are always too long for my short legs! And Mindy Kaling, don't get me started. She's an inspiration for me in every sense, and her fashion on The Mindy Project cannot be topped. I like your fun mix of colors here, definitely livens up a Winter day.

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh this skirt is SO pretty! You totally nailed this outfit. I could see this outfit being pinned all over Pinterest. I really want to watch The Mindy Project, but I'm waiting until it comes on Netflix so I can binge watch it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...