Thursday, December 17, 2015

Favorite Traditions

Hey my friends!
Christmas is almost here and so I'll probably be winding down until the New Year ( I didn't mean to rhyme, I'm just a natural) So for the last official blog post of the year, here are some of the things that will be happening in our household the next few days! 
Do y'all have favorite holiday movies? I have several that range from the sappy feel good to the irreverent hectic comedy. Binging on Christmas movies is a must while wrapping presents and making Christmas cookies. Here are just a few of my favorites: 
1. It's a Wonderful Life
2. The Nightmare before Christmas (duh)
3. The Muppet Christmas Carol
4. Mickey's Christmas Carol
5. Christmas Vacation

(I also like finding the crazy obscure ones on Netflix too: Black Adder Christmas Carol anyone?)

So speaking of cookies, the hubs and I have started a new tradition of making Peppermint and Chocolate Covered Cookies for friends and extended family. We do this every year because of how easy they are. Like, really simple. All you have to do is cover your favorite chocolate sandwich cookie (mint flavored if you want to go really minty) in melting chocolate and then sprinkle crushed candy canes over them!
We used peppermints when we couldn't find actual candy canes, same same

Pop them in the fridge so they can harden

Ta-Da! A festive, tasty cookie. Make sure you leave some for yourself!
Last thing, it's not a tradition but I'm super excited about it. Can y'all guess what it is?

Have a great Christmas!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...