Thursday, April 7, 2016

3 days in London

Hey my friends!
I’m back from my lengthy vacation and I can’t wait to tell you all about it! I thought I would dedicate these next few weeks to our travels and detailing our favorite bits from each place! Today I’ll start with London!


This is one of my favorite cities in the world! It’s such a bustling place and you never know what you’ll find around each corner. Since this was my third time there, we decided to skip most of the touristy places and mostly explore. Exploring is definitely one of our favorite things to do! We walked around Little Venice, past Abby Road (watched all the people hold up traffic), and through Camden Town. If you are ever in London for more than three days, I highly recommend Camden High Street and Camden Lock. Super eclectic and colorful and plenty of street food! We also stopped in the National Gallery and visited St. Paul’s Cathedral. Both such gorgeous places. And of course, we took pics by all the big landmarks because why not? We rounded off our trip by seeing Les Miserables in the Queens Theater. There are no words for how excellent that was!


So if you find yourself in London for a few days, here are my recommendations:

1.       Stay in an Airbnb. There are literally hundreds of well vetted homes you can stay in that are central to the main part of the city. Try to find one near the either the Central or Piccadilly lines for worry-free transport to most attractions.

2.       Research the museums. If you’re a museum person like me and the hubs, you like to take some time soaking in all the information. Let me make this clear, you cannot hit all the museums in London in a few days. More like a few weeks. Most could take a day to explore. So find two or three that you want to see and plan to visit the landmarks that don’t close (Big Ben, Piccadilly Circus, etc) in the evening. Westminster Abbey and the British Museum are both good ones!

3.       Walk along the South Bank. One of my favorite things to do after a long day of sightseeing is to stroll along The Queen’s Walk and take in the views of London. I like to start from the Millennium Bridge across from St. Paul’s and walk all the way to Westminster Bridge. It’s only about a 1.5 mile walk and you get spectacular views of some famous London landmarks. Perfect for pics!

Well there you have it! The hubs and I really enjoy this city every time we visit. Next week: Paris!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...